Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Living Lawn Ornaments

My friend Angie likes Flamingos. And has several that adorn her yard. Recently a mutual friend Carolyn posted a link on Facebook of a Flamingo image taken in Kenya. To me the image looks improbable, but if someone waited for exactly the right conditions I suppose it could be real.

It is not clear why this post showed up in my feed. It could be because I had recently been chatting with Angie. Or it could have been random Facebook stuff. Who knows?

My comment was "Been There". To which Carolyn replied, "Did it look like this".

My answer, "Not exactly."

Here is what it looked like to me.


These are Lesser  Flamingos.


And while there were quite a few of them, they were both distant and-or spread out.


There were also Greater Flamingos. Not as pink.


And obviously larger.


It was quite impressive.


And real.

🦩  ðŸ¦©  ðŸ¦© 🦩  ðŸ¦©

Here is a link to the image on Facebook. It is from an organization: www.discoverafricaa.com. It is used without permission.

🦩  ðŸ¦©  ðŸ¦© 🦩  ðŸ¦©

I've known Angie for over thirty years. I hired her twice (I hired Carolyn once, and we all worked happily together). The reason I had been recently chatting with Angie is she learned that as of April 8th, she will no longer be employed. If I had an open position I'd hire her a third time. So if you, or anyone you know, needs a Technical Business Analyst/Software Tester/Scrum Master/Product Owner, let me know and I'll get you in touch.

No comments: