Monday, March 29, 2021

More Falling, More Booming

Yesterday evening some heavy duty thunderstorms came through. They didn't last long, but they hit hard.

And when they hit I heard what sounded like a very loud door slamming. I looked around and didn't see anything that would have caused this banging. Once the storm passed through I grabbed a flashlight and went outside to see what I could find. The only thing I found was this:


A dead tree had snapped and and the trunk split when it hit the ground. Fortunately it fell away from the house. It was a relatively thin tree, and I wondered how it could have been so loud.


This morning while I was getting my morning coffee I noticed a the larger fallen tree shown above, resting on the new section of deer fence I recently installed.


This, also dead, tree snapped at the ground, and toppled over the fence. That could have been loud.

I'm very pleased that the deer fence held up. And that the trees continue to fall away from the house.

No comments: