Sunday, March 21, 2021

Zooming

My home office is in what we call the "Three Season Room", an addition to the original structure, added by the prior owners, surrounded on three sides by our deck and mostly windows on those three sides.

And on several 'zoom' work meetings colleagues have commented on the bird calls they hear, when on recent warm weather days I've had the windows open.


Last week they were treated to a bird sound of a different kind. We've at least one and possible several hawks, like the Cooper's hawk shown above, that zoom through our yard hunting the other birds. And on that call there was a "boom" as something hit the window screen behind me. I turned in time to see a hawk flying away, talons empty.

A bit later this hawk perched outside my window. I don't know that it it was this hawk I had seen earlier. And I don't know if it was hawk or prey that hit the screen. A quick look did not reveal any feathers nor stunned bird.

I do know my colleagues think I live in some kind of jungle.

And that I so love working form home.

No comments: