Monday, March 1, 2021

A Horse is a Horse ...

Except when it is two horses.

And better yet, yard critters.

Technically, while I did see them from my yard, they were actually in the yard next door. 

But that's close enough for me. My blog, my rules. And the rule is if I see it from my yard it counts.

🐴  🐴  🐴  🐴  🐴

The horses, half a dozen or so, have been our neighbors since we moved in, and apparently for many years before. But last winter they disappeared. Our neighbor had suffered a stroke, and we hadn't seen him on his scooter out and about in a while. And then we noticed a stream of contractors working on the place. I searched but found no obituary, so we assumed he have moved to a care facility, and the place had been or was being prepped for sale.

This assumption was incorrect, he still lives there. And in the spring the horses returned. For reasons that are not entirely clear, and into which I did not pry, the horses spent the winter in Montana.

I guess it wasn't cold enough here. Damn global warming.

Although, as I took these images last week, they are spending this winter here. Just like everybody, no traveling in Covid times.

🐴  🐴  🐴  🐴  🐴

You can find all of the Yard Critter posts listed here.

No comments: