Sunday, August 9, 2020

We've Got The Power!

The white triangles in the blue circles in the image below denote power outages. We often lose power here, every storm it seems, and I've never seen the outage icon so close to our place, let alone one on either side.

In fact, our place is between the two icons. Our place and our neighbor across the street. That's all that could fit between them.


And we were the only two houses on our street to have power. Now we did lose power on the day of the storm, Tuesday, it came back after a couple of hours. We were quite surprised it was restored so quickly. We lost it again on Friday, this time for six plus hours.

And were puzzled why our neighbor to the west, about the position of the left icon, was still running his generator. It is still running as I write this. Power is estimated to be restored on Tuesday.

And I don't think the JCP&L realizes we have power. For two reasons. One, I asked for a phone call when power is restored. I'm still waiting for the call. And on Friday, when I attempted to report the second outage, I was told, via the website, that an outage had already reported for my address. Which was only true if they meant my reporting the Tuesday outage.

Curious. Very curious.

No comments: