Saturday, August 1, 2020

Ovenbird

Yet another warbler visiting the Bubbler Pond. An Ovenbird. These birds are abundant in the woods in and around our yard. In spring, we hear their "teacher, teacher, teacher" call every day.


I spotted the one shown above as I was enjoying a coffee on the deck this morning, sitting in the Pokeweed above the bird baths.


I saw this one in the early afternoon, on the log edging the path next to the Bubbler Pond. Later there would be two here in the Feeder Garden, on this same path.


The Ovenbird seemed wary of the Prothonotary, and they both flew off when the Titmouse family showed up for their morning baths.


🐒  πŸ’  πŸ’  πŸ’  πŸ’


Also while sitting on the deck I spied Snappy still hanging out in the Fish Pond. I guess he or she has decided to stay. Cool.

🐦  πŸ¦  πŸ¦  πŸ¦  πŸ¦

You can find all of the Yard Critter posts listed here.

No comments: