Monday, September 30, 2019

Yard Critter - Variegated Cutworm

Peridroma saucia.

Patty spotted this one as were were putting our kayaks away (it was on the green one, in case you were wondering.)


A few snaps with my phone, a bit of clean up processing on my computer, and uploading to the internet for an ID, as I was not able to figure it out.


Less than an hour later a suggested ID. Isn't crowdsourcing amazing?

And thus endeth what started as caterpillar week and became caterpillar month. I still have a bunch of caterpillars I'm trying to ID (crowdsourcing isn't perfect!) so you'll still have to put up with more such critters in the future, albeit not daily.

It was fun wandering about the yard each morning and discovering something new each day. I hope you enjoyed it too.

🐛  🐛  🐛 🐛  🐛

You can find all of the Yard Critter posts listed here.

No comments: