Tuesday, September 17, 2019

The Only Good ...

... Spotted Lanternfly ...


... is a dead Spotted Lanternfly.


I had the sad task of killing eight of these invasive insects today, in Paoli and Coatsville Pennsylvania. I visited my parents in Paoli and then took my dad to the VA hospital in Coatsville for his regular eye-exam (tomorrow he goes to the Paoli hospital to get Spock ears!).

I noticed one lanternfly when I arrived at their place for lunch. It was already dead. After lunch, when I went to get the car, I noticed a number of dead lanternflies. And then I noticed a soon to be dead one. And another. And another. I killed all five of the live ones I saw. But I saw living lanternflies as I was driving down Route 30 to the VA hospital. And at the VA Hospital I killed three more.

Not good.

No comments: