Friday, September 6, 2019

Yard Critter - Imperial Moth Caterpillar

The caterpillar for Friday of Caterpillar Week is the Imperial Moth Caterpillar, Eacles imperialis.


I have back issues and every, well most, mornings I do exercises, some of which require me to lie on my back on the floor. And while doing these exercises I glanced out of the window to see this:


A large caterpillar high up in a tree.


I finished my exercises, the critter wasn't going anywhere, and then went out to investigate, climbing a ladder to get some shots.

It was still there when Patty got home from work, as was the Io Moth caterpillar, and she went to check them out. "That's not an Io, it's different," she said when she came back in. It turns out the Io was still there, but she had spotted this:


A second Imperial Moth caterpillar. How cool is that?

🐛  🐛  🐛 🐛  🐛

You can find all of the Yard Critter posts listed here.

No comments: