Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Yard Critter - Northern Gray Treefrog

Hyla versicolor.


This is a repeat yard critter, although the previous post featured a young frog, not unlike the one below.


I've been surveying the yard each morning of late as regular readers know from the caterpillar posts. And I've spotted several of these critters, multiple young and adults. And I've heard even more.


This one was seen and heard, the acoustics of the rainspout making him appear more attractive to lady frogs no doubt.


I got to watch this one on the gate, hopping from bar to bar (click here for video).


This one was easily the most cooperative of the bunch.


It even let me reach in and pull the piece of grass off its face.

🐸  🐸  🐸  🐸  🐸

You can find all of the Yard Critter posts listed here.

No comments: