Saturday, May 25, 2019

In Which I Get A Helper

I continued to work on the fence. My modus operandi was to start sometime between nine and ten and work until sometime between noon and one. It was slow going doing it by myself but as noted in the in this post I was getting it done.


In just two days of fencing I had made it to the Penguin Tree.* It was 80° F plus out that morning. And while I could have gone on with he fencing I choose not to. There is always tomorrow. So I went  and had a beer (maybe two).

And it turned out that for this particular tomorrow Patty had off from school. Woo hoo I had a helper!


This made things go much faster. In fact, the two of use finished getting the fence around the perimeter. Essentially we were done.


But not quite. We had run out of gripples. So it wasn't until the next day what the fence was completely up.

Image courtesy Patty Rehn

And we are still waiting for the stakes to secure the bottom of the fence as otherwise deer will crawl under it. And we need to install three gates. But those are just details.

🚧  ðŸ¦Œ  ðŸš§  ðŸ¦Œ  ðŸš§

* Where by "two days" I mean approximately six hours. And all told it took about 32 hours to get the path cleared and the fence up. As noted there is still work to do. But staking should take an hour maybe two at most. The gates, depending on what we decide to do, could take some time.

No comments: