Friday, May 17, 2019

Frog and Toad

Are in my yard. Make that frogs and toads.

It's that time of year when amphibians, and lots of other critters, are looking for a little action. And they can make quite a racket calling away in the night, looking for the special lady (or any lady really).

Click here to hear.

We've had nine different species in the yard, and I've pictures of six, shown below.

Bull Frog


Fowler's Toad


Green Frog

Wood Frog

Northern Gray Tree Frog

Northern Spring Peeper

I'm still after images of the Southern Leopard Frog [update: found one], Carpenter Frog, and the New Jersey Chorus frog. I've seen the first and heard all three.

🐸  🐸  🐸  🐸  🐸

And then there's this one, found in the yard a couple of weeks ago.

Unknown, ID Requested
Sadly, it appears injured, missing its left foot. I'm surprised it has survived this long. I found it in a flower pot. I've no idea as to the species. Nor how it got here for that matter.

No comments: