Tuesday, May 28, 2019

It Is Happening Again

Remember this post, More Death in the Pines, from back in 2014? It looked a lot like this.


One of the resident Northern Water Snakes has discovered the fish pond. And more specifically, the fish in said pond.


Patty and I were sitting on the deck enjoying a fine evening when I noticed a reed rustle. What's going on here I wondered.

Feeding time for the snake I discovered.


We both wondered how was going to swallow this fish. We'll never know as the snake, not liking that we had noticed it, slithered backwards, dragging its prey into the reeds and out of sight. Patty opined that we'd find a dead fish floating about in the morning. I think it will swallow it.

I guess we'll find out in the morning. Update: no sign of a dead fish.

No comments: