Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Yard Birding

I've noted before that one of the advantages of working from home, at least for me, is  ... wait for it ... being home. Which means I can spend time in my yard. And everyday around 10:00 am I take a walk outside. Looking for what's new out there. Today was no different.

A new arrival this week is the bird shown below.


A Wood Thrush. They arrive every year about this time (May isn't just for warblers). They have a wonderful song and three were singing in our woods today. But while we enjoy their song every day once they arrive, we rarely see them.


I was headed back inside. And back to work, when I spotted the bird just outside our garage. I slowly backed away, opening and closing the door, getting a camera (I shot a couple of pics through the screened window of my office), and then risked going back outside. And the bird stayed.

That never happens.

But it did. And I've got pictures to prove it.

No comments: