Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Boom

Like many people, I'm working from home these days. And everyday around ten o'clock or so I take a break and wander about the yard.

And last Thursday, while I was out at the back pond, there was a very loud BOOM! And then a second boom! 

And the power went out. 

This: 


Then this:


By the time I got there there were already several people at the scene. Including my neighbor Steve and a fellow on his cellphone. I assumed this was someone calling for help. And it was. Surprisingly, it was the driver of the truck.

And that is why you should always wear your seatbelt.

The story I heard later, was that he claimed a plastic bag blew up into his face (the smart money was on texting). 

And why was he going fast enough  to take out a pole? 


It wasn't until after six that the pole was replaced and the road was reopened (not that I had anywhere to go). And the "road closed" signs are still there. 

No comments: