Sunday, May 3, 2020

The Busy Pond

I see water when I go to the pond.


I see land all around the water.

I see cattails when I go to the pond, they will grow very tall.


I see lily pads when I go to the pond. They look like Pacman.


I see Bullfrogs when I go to the pond. the sit on logs.


I see Eastern Painted Turtles when I go to the pond. They too sit on logs.


I see Northern Water Snakes when I go to the pond. They sit on mossy logs.


I used to see Mallards when I went to the pond. They no longer visit our pond.


I see rushes when I go to the pond. They are round and pointy.


I see pitcher plants when I go to the pond, they eat bugs!

I see many things when I go to the pond. The pond is a busy place!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Patty is teaching from home. And one of the assignments she gives her first grade students, students who are just learning English, is to record themselves reading books. And one such book, that I've heard many many times (in a variety to wonderful accents!) is The Busy Pond, by Kate Page. And if you click the title, you can read it too!

No comments: