Monday, May 11, 2020

Itsy Bitsy

I was heading out to get the mail, when I noticed that one frond of grass had little yellow flowers.

I had never see grass with yellow, or any other showy colored flowers. So I investigated.

Which means I walked over and grabbed the stalk to keep it from blowing about (it's been very windy here of late). And the 'flowers' started falling off. Albeit with lifelines.


Spiderlings.


Best I can tell, some type of Orb-Weaver, but the young are too similar for someone like me to ID to species.

Very cool, and for any arachnophobes reading, kinda creepy.

🌱  ðŸ•·  ðŸŒ±  ðŸ•·  ðŸŒ±

As part of our effort to convert 50% of our lawn to habitat, we aren't mowing this section of the yard. We're not planting anything there, we're just letting it go and seeing what comes up. Like these yellow 'flowers'. It is working already.

No comments: