Sunday, May 3, 2020

Warbler Season

May means warbler season. So yesterday (and again today for Patty) we woke up way too early and headed off to the John Hienz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum. Where coincidently, we arrived at the same time, and parked next to, (which, as the parking lot is closed, was not easy to do) our friend Marty. We spent four wonderful hours wandering the trails. We (combined) saw twelve species of warbler and sixty-seven bird species total.

I took no pictures.

I spent today birding in our yard and back woods (I am not a morning person) while, as noted, Patty again woke early went to Tinicum. I had six species of warbler here (she had 17 this time).

I took no pictures.

(No, I'm not sick.)

Later in the evening Patty and I visited a local spot, one we had visited just last week, and had three warblers.

I took a picture.


A Prairie Warbler, basking in the late afternoon sun.

No comments: