Friday, May 28, 2021

Walking Buddy

For reasons still not quite clear to me, I, along with Patty and five other family members*, are planning to hike up to the top of Mt St Helens. And back down again, later this summer.

It is a ten mile round trip.

So to prepare, this morning I went for a walk around the block. 

I turned right out of our driveway. I then made the first for lefts. And nine plus miles later I was back at that driveway.

It's a big "block". And unlike Mount St. Helens, very flat.

And as I was in the final quarter mile I heard something running up from behind. I dog I thought.

Nope.


A Rooster.


As you can see it came right up to me. As if I was a long lost friend.


After a couple of hundred yards or so, when it became obvious I didn't have any food, it tired of my company. Or the journey. Or both. But instead of turning around it just wandered off into the woods.

Our neighbors, if you can call them that, on both sides of us, as well as others down the road, have chickens. Most of which are free range. So this fellow could be from anywhere around here. I hope he found his way home before the rains came.

~~~~~~~~~~
* Patty's brother and her nephew Stephen. My brother-in-law Steve and his son and daughter. 

43% Steve's.

No comments: