Saturday, May 29, 2021

Mama Bandito

This is the view out my home office window, overlooking the deck, fish pond, out to the woods to the east.  The Redstart was in the Crabapple Tree in the upper right.


The large black rectangle in the lower left is the screen of my work laptop. The small square, just left of center above the deck railing, is a platform bird feeder. And no, that is not the optimal angle for it to be hanging.


Doesn't really seem to bother the birds though.

There is a yard critter who has figured out how to tip the feeder and dump out the goodies.

This critter:


A Northern Raccoon, getting a drink (I think) from the fish pond. I don't think it was after any fish nor the snakes. Up until the last few days it has been very dry around here (the first two images were taken Saturday morning, while it was raining).



Mostly nocturnal, it is unusual to see raccoons out during the day. As this one will flee if approached it is unlikely to be rabid. My researches found that nursing mothers will feed during the day. A likely explanation methinks.

And have I mentioned that if I have to work, (spoiler alert: I do), I much prefer working from home?

No comments: