Saturday, May 29, 2021

Other Flying Things Seen While Walking

Both with prominent green parts.


The Peafowl were out, and I could hear their vocalizations from down and around the bend. Alas, while noisy they were not showy. Always cool to see, showy or otherwise.


And there were plenty of these damselflies, Ebony Jewelwings, along the road. This one surprisingly cooperative, letting me get close enough with my phone to take this (un-cropped) image.

The rest of the walk was rather uneventful, one friendly Rooster excepted. I did hear, but not see, an Eastern Towhee. And there were a number of turtles that splashed away as I marched along the bog spillways. But other than that it was quiet. 

Which, as this was more an 'exercise' walk than a 'nature' walk was a good thing. I guess.

No comments: