Friday, May 28, 2021

New and Improved! (Improvements Not Included)

I received the following email not too long ago.

Straight up marketing BS.


The key point as it pertains to this blog, is that some time after July, there will no longer be emails of the posts. 

I don't know how many people subscribe, although apparently I can download a list and find out. Not that it would do me all that much good, as I've investigated and all I could find was paid services to replace what Google is taking away as part of its 'modernization' efforts.

Now you could use a RSS reader to get updates when they happen. But that's another thing to check in addition to email. And of course you can visit the blog directly, go ahead and set it up as a favorite if you haven't already.

But neither is a easy and convent as email. 

Thanks Google!

No comments: