Monday, May 10, 2021

Across the Street

Is Budd's Bogs. Literally, I can see their property from my living room window.


I know this because in the before times we chatted with a fellow who was marking the property line. Seems they had recently opened the land to deer hunters and he was seeing if there was access to the hunting area from the road between us. It turns out it is too swampy. But we asked if we could visit, and he said sure.

And then just last Friday, during my lunchtime walk, I met another fellow, coming out from the Bogs, listening. I asked, and he replied a bird he couldn't quite place. We agreed it was a Red-Bellied Woodpecker with an off call. We chatted about birding, and he to told me we could bird the Bogs.



And on Saturday, as part of our World Series of Birding efforts, we did visit.


And it is beautiful back there. Not at all what I expected.


Forested areas with ponds and lakes, along with Blueberry field and Cranberry bogs.


And plenty of birds.

We will be back.

No comments: