Wednesday, August 14, 2019

What's Wrong With This Picture?

I hear ya, "What could be wrong with that picture?"

Image courtesy Steve Mattan

Well if you are planning to hike in the Pines, below is a picture postcard of the well dressed hiker. I know Sexy Time! A slave to fashion, Steve is feeling breezy and comfortable in long pants tucked into his wool [editor: synthetic] socks. [editor: spoiler alert, two days later and who's feeling comfortable now?]



Avoiding the long pants in socks haute couture can result in the itchy look of chiggers.



And the kicker is my legs were 95% scab free for the first time this summer! [editor: speaking of Sexy Time!]

My friend, and long time Piney, Terry had some solid chigger advice.


It started with rubbing alcohol, duct tape, and bleach. [editor: I'm enjoying a different kind of alcohol.]


First you rub the alcohol on the welts [editor: first you pop open the can.]. This irritates the critters under the skin [editor: this soothes the brain cells.] In my case, it caused a dozen of more to come to the surface and start crawling on my leg [editor: again, who's more comfortable now?]. I certainly did not want them to look for another place to go. Following another bit of advice from Terry, Steve and I tried using duct tape on my legs to remove them. Fearing they would get away, I went to the bathroom and rubbed bleach on my legs [editor: I went to the fridge and got another beer.] Fun fact, bleach kills chiggers [editor: sad fact, alcohol kills brain cells].

And when these three pieces of sage advice fail, get scratching!


[editor: or switch to something harder. I suggest vodka.]

🕷  ðŸ•·  ðŸ•·  ðŸ•·  ðŸ•·

Thanks to guest blogger Patty Rehn [most] of the 
words and images are hers.

No comments: