Thursday, August 15, 2019

Evening Visitor

Patty, to help sooth the pain and itch of chiggers, decided she wanted some ice cream. So off to White Dot we went. But as I locked the door and walked outside Patty said, "the hawk is in the tree".

And so it was.

It had been visiting for a couple of days now.

So back into the house went I, got the camera, switched lenses, setup the tripod, and started taking pictures.

A VeryTwisty Neck

And the bird wouldn't look my way!

I wonder what was back there?

Broad-winged Hawk

Finally it turned around and I got some shots.

🍦  🍦  🍨  🍦  🍦

This was our first visit to White Dot, after having driven past several hundred times (maybe even over a thousand, literally). Patty ordered a bowl and I a cone, which came to $8. I had $6 in my wallet. And they only take cash. So no ice cream for me. Except the guy standing next to me, having just gotten ice cream for himself, wife, and young daughter, threw a five dollar bill down on the counter. "It's good karma" he said.

I now owe the world $5 (maybe when I get a job I can afford to pay it back).

And thank you to the guy who allowed me to enjoy some yummy ice cream.

No comments: