Saturday, August 21, 2021

Hamster

Our second full day back from our New England adventure and I spent the morning doing yard work. I didn't feel like cooking, nor did Patty. So pizza it was. And as I drove into the parking area after picking up the pie, I spotted a turtle in walking on the garden path.


An Eastern Painted Turtle. It was not happy to have me around and tried to crawl off into the foliage. Unfortunately (?) for it, there is a fence there, and I was easily able to capture it.


I carried out the back pond and let it go, wondering it if was a new turtle or one that just went wandering. Perhaps to lay some eggs?


It quickly scurried into the water. And just as quickly turned around and swam toward me.


So I went and got some food.


And the turtle, no doubt Hamster, gobbled it down.

I wonder where it had wandered this time?

No comments: