Friday, August 27, 2021

The Only Good Spotted Lanternfly ...

 ... is a Dead Spotted Lanternfly.

Like this one that I found on my driveway.


Although I have no idea how it got there.

My best guess, the evening prior I was at a bar, the Ark Brewery in Lumberton, for a work happy hour. (The first time I had been with my colleagues since March 2020. My car was in the shop, so the EVP of Development, who lives in Navesink, NJ, picked me up and gave me a ride.) We sat outside and as a group killed over fifty of these bugs. I was had double digit kills. So maybe ti was stuck to my shoe and fell off in the driveway?

Sadly, I spotted one on my office window, and I was not able to kill it.


And there was another on the opposite window today. And again it escaped.

This is not a good thing.

Methinks I need a fly swatter.

I have a bad feeling about this.

No comments: