Monday, August 23, 2021

Warming Up

In the Adventuring in New England post I noted that we would be hiking up to Franconia Ridge. We arrived at the camp ground on Saturday and as the weather for Sunday was iffy we decided to do the Ridge Loop Trail on Monday.

So on Sunday we did a warm up hike in the morning to beat the rain*, the Artists Bluff Loop Trail.


Which did as an out and back because, well, we didn't have a map and maybe lost the trail.


Not the terrain I'm used to ...


A recurring theme, taking slow and stopping for photo ops, many of which involved mushrooms.


And caterpillars. They were everywhere, as was their frass.


And rainbows. No, I do not know what is going on here. Maybe internal reflections in the camera lens? It was not visible to the naked eye. Still pretty cool though.

A nice little hike to start our trip.

🌦  ðŸŒ¦  ðŸŒ¦  ðŸŒ¦  ðŸŒ¦

* Despite the apparent rainbow, we did beat the rain on this hike. Later Patty went on another hike while I rested my knees in camp. I spent the afternoon dry. Patty, a mile or so south of me, got drenched as she was finishing her hike.

No comments: