Friday, September 25, 2020

Yellow-billed Cuckoo (YC-1)

While waiting for some software I was working on to be updated I glanced out the window. "That looks different," I thought. So I grabbed the binoculars I keep on a shelf under my desk that I installed just for that, and took a look. 

And then I grabbed a camera.


A Yellow-billed Cuckoo sitting right out in the open in our Crabapple tree. These birds are usually well hidden in the woods about the place. We know they are here as we hear them, much more often than we see them.

In fact, this is the first image of this species I've added to my image catalog. A surprise to me I must say.

As it is that the Back-billed Cuckoo was a Yard Critter over a year before its Yellow-billed cousin was.

🐦  🐦  🐦  🐦  🐦

You can find all of the Yard Critter posts listed here.

No comments: