Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Destination Yard

I mentioned in Protonotaries on the Deck post that people travel to see birds we see from the comfort of our home.

Today our home became that travel destination.

As I was waking up this morning I noticed someone walking up toward our front door. "A bit early for a delivery", I thought. And I was right. I got up and went to see what was going on. Turns out that this chap had seen our, and our friends's, eBird posts about the warblers we'd been seeing. "Sorry, but I didn't realize "Piney Place" was a private home. I just wanted to get a picture of a Prothonotary Warbler." He said.

Turns out he was a friend of a friend. And after chatting a bit I invited him to set up in the yard to try and get a picture.


Like us, he was amazed that we were getting so many warblers in our yard. And he really liked the gardens and how we set the yard up for wildlife.


Alas, no Prothonotaries were about during his time here, and he had to get to work so time was limited. Of course, one did show up later, along with a few other good birds.

But he told me he was glad he came, (all the way from Pennsylvania!). And we made a new friend.

1 comment:

Bob Ferguson II said...

It was great meeting you, Steve! I might stop by with my wife tonight after work if that's ok. I've been talking up your yard all week!