Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Woodpecker # 5

I noted in the Pinelands Winter Bird Census post that I was not able to get a picture of the fifth woodpecker species.

Well sitting at my desk Tuesday morning, ruing the fact that I needed to work and wasn't out playing in the snow, I spotted this at the woods edge.


Woodpecker # 5, a Pileated Woodpecker.


Fortunately, I keep a camera at my desk for just such situations.

🪓  ðŸª“  ðŸª“  ðŸª“  ðŸª“

You may recall that a tree fell in our yard on Christmas Eve. Well on Sunday our friend Mark stopped by with his chain saw. And cut the trunk into manageable pieces. 


After which, Patty led him around the yard, to trim back stuff along the edges. Including some brush that had it still been there, would have hidden the Pileated from view.

Serendipity. 

No comments: