Thursday, February 27, 2020

On The Roof

I implied in this post that I look up when I leave the office.

And on Monday evening as I left work I heard a bird 'screaming' up above. A Peregrine Falcon, which I confirmed when I got to my car and got my binoculars out.

Very cool.


Right there on the corner of the building.


That little black smudge. Alas, all I had was my pocket camera. Not the right tool for telephoto shots.

And then as I got in my car and drove away, I saw it flying over the parking lot. As least I thought it was. But I was wrong. It was still perched. There were two of them!

Super cool.

Maybe they were a nesting pair.

So the next day I brought my superzoom camera. And when I arrived the next morning I stepped out of the car and saw two birds on the roof!

And I got this shot:


Alas, I've not seen the falcons since.

Bummer.

And for the Birding ID challenged, they are Canada Geese.

Nowhere near as cool as falcons. Perhaps they are following me?

No comments: