Sunday, February 24, 2019

Lawns, Golf Courses, Parking Lots ...

... and now Roofs?

Often seen here wandering about the parking lot, and floating on the pond between the buildings, there was a flock of Canada Geese honking away from the top of my office building when I arrived at work Friday morning.

Highly unusual.


Most had retreated from the edge before I got my camera out. But these two stayed, honking away.


One guy walking in from his car hypothesized that snow from earlier in the week had melted, resulting in a pond on the roof. Not good as my office is on the third floor, along with our server room. And as can Patty can confirm, computers and water don't mix.


However, there was no water dripping anywhere in the office. But I did hear geese honking above me throughout the morning.

They seemed to be gone by lunchtime. Perhaps the roof pond evaporated?

No comments: