Friday, February 22, 2019

Tag # 390700 ...

... adorns a specific Horseshoe Crab that calls the Delaware Bay home.


Or at least it did back in May 2017 when I saw it wandering about on the beach in the Fortescue WMA.


I wrote about it, and the other Horseshoe Crabs we saw, in this post.



💾  ðŸ–¥  ðŸ’¾  ðŸ–¥  ðŸ’¾

So, why, almost two years after the fact, am I writing about this? Well, it has to do with my computer. I'm getting ready to upgrade to the latest version of the operating system, macOS Mojave. And one of the first things I do before any such upgrade is a full backup of my system disk. After which I make sure I can boot up from this backup. Well I made the back up to the same disk drive I've been using for this purpose for several years. But when I attempted to boot from this drive my system would not start up at all. It took me the better part of the next day to get things back to normal. Seems the drive had died sometime between when the backup was complete and when I tried to use it.

And as part of the clean up I found this:


The certificate I received for reporting the tag, although it is not very exciting that a I found a crab that was tagged that month, and maybe even that very morning.

Still, it did remind me of warmer days ...

No comments: