Wednesday, August 20, 2008



Pelicans flying over the Flamingo marina in the Everglades National Park. There was a flock of maybe 50 or so birds that was flying in circles over the marina. Eventually they headed off towards the bay between mainland Florida and the Keys. I took a number of shots, and this was the best, although if you look closely you'll see that it isn't quite in focus. But it is the repeated image of the birds in a semi-ordered pattern that makes the image work for me. Let me know if it works for you.


2 comments:

Dogeared said...

The semi formation was something I'd noticed before I read your comment - so great minds thinking alike!

Julie M said...

Metering that kind of shot can be hard - you've got a terrific capture here, though. It looks like they were taking part in an avian synchronized flying event...