Thursday, August 21, 2008



Say Cheese! I used a 400 mm lens with a 1.4 teleconverter for this shot as the alligators, like all the wildlife, are free to come a go as they want in the Everglades. There was no wall or fence between me and smiley here. But he (or she?) was just yawning and soon was simply basking in the sun, with wading birds wandering all about. This shot was taken on the Anhinga Trail at Royal Palm, where the animals have become habituated to having humans about and generally ignore the crowds wandering by. It is a great place to photograph wildlife.

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

Eeep, that's a little too close for my liking, but it's a cracking photo. By the way, I've added you to my side panel links, let me know if you'd prefer not to be linked to!

MevetS said...

There really are no fences here, and once I almost stepped on one. Fortunately for me I startled it and it dove into the lake.

And thanks for adding the link.