Saturday, November 20, 2021

Yard Critter of Last Friday

A Red-tailed Hawk.


I spotted it from my desk as I was getting ready to have lunch. Of course the wrong lens was on the camera, as it was still configured for the eclipse shots earlier that morning.


I then had to find an angle that did not hide the bird behind one of the many branches. The first shot was taken from the dining room, to get a shot before it flew. The rest from the kitchen.


And I was just in time.


As flew it did.


The right place at the right time.


A year round resident in these here parts, this is the hawk most likely to be seen in our area. And often seen while driving, roosting on telephone poles. 

We often see these birds soaring overhead and occasionally, like this bird, in the trees in the yard. Although, again like this bird, they don't stay put for long. Or at least not for long after we notice them.

🦅  ðŸ¦…  ðŸ¦…  ðŸ¦…  ðŸ¦…

You can find all of the Yard Critter posts listed here.

No comments: