Friday, November 19, 2021

Look, Up In The Sky ...

... There be stars! (You may need to bigafy the images.)


Usually when there is a pesky full moon the stars are hidden by its brilliance.


But tonight, the Earth conspired to hide the moon, and the stars were there for all to see!

🌕  ⭐️  ðŸŒ•  ⭐️  ðŸŒ•

Last week my friend Jerry asked what I was doing for the upcoming Lunar Eclipse. "Probably sleeping" I said. At that time the forecast called for rain. 


And even when I went to bed Thursday night, the forecast was still calling for cloudy skies. The forecast was wrong.

So Patty and I woke up just before 4 am Friday morning. But I had screwed up the time. I had read 4:03 am as 4:30 am. And thus I was scrambling to get set up and get some pics as I had missed the point of maximum eclipse. 

I did see it. I did not photograph it. The two shots above were taken around 4:15 am. The first an exposure of .25 sec, the second of 2 sec. Taken from my deck. We watched a bit more and then went back inside to sleep some more. I was tired when I woke up and I'm still tired now.

But I was worth it.

No comments: