Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Thompson-Wright

Three years ago the NJ Conservation Foundation purchased a piece of land approximately two miles from where we live. 

A former cranberry bog, now known as the Thompson-Wright Preserve.

And despite repeatedly saying, each time we drove by, that we needed to check it out, it wasn't until last Thursday that I visited for the first time.

It won't be the last.


It is quite picturesque.


At multiple scales.

And did I mention it is nearby?

🌱  🌿  🍃  🍂  🌲

It won't be the last visit because my friend Russell, who works for the NJ Conservation Foundation, recently asked for volunteers to help identify the plants on the Preserve, in preparation for some restoration efforts to remove invasive species, most importantly Phragmites. And I, perhaps recklessly, volunteered. 

"Recklessly" as I suck at plant identification.

Wish me luck!

No comments: