Saturday, January 30, 2021

Yard Critter of this Past June

A critter native to Northwest Europe which is now found throughout eastern North America, including our yard.


The Dusky Arion, Arion subfuscus.

Most of the slugs around here have a mottled brown coloration. So this one really stuck out. Bright orange yellow. So you'd think it would be easy to identify. So did I. You, and I, would not be correct in that assumption. There is a paucity of info for identifying these critters, either online or in print. If you do know a good slug ID resource please let me know.


So back in June I tried and failed to ID this critter. But as it is cold outside, and we have no where to go anyway, I've started going through my backlog of images (perhaps you've noticed?). And I gave it another go. And this time I got lucky.*

But now I do not remember what it is is on. And that is really bugging me ...

🐌  🐌  🐌  🐌  🐌

You can find all of the Yard Critter posts listed here.

~~~~~~~~~~~

* I used the Seek app and took a picture of the picture of the slug on my computer screen. And that pointed me in the right direction. 

No comments: