Saturday, January 2, 2021

Look Up In The Sky

And you'll see cool things.

Ok, so maybe you won't really see this, although you'll see some of it.


The three bright stars forming a diagonal line across the upper part of the image are Orion's Belt. At the bottom is the Orion Nebula. Both the Belt and Nebula are visible to the naked eye.

Some of the other bits, including the Flame, Running Man, and Horsehead Nebulas require a telescope, or as here, a camera.

⭐️    🪐    🌕    🪐    ⭐️

I took this image in February 2012 at the Winter Star Party in the Florida Keys. And during a recent online meeting of my Astronomy Club, while looking for a different image to present, I stumbled upon this image and made a note to reprocess it. And so I did,

I hope you like it.

Keep looking up!

No comments: