Sunday, March 1, 2020

Another Feeder Problem

You may recall this post, where I discuss the antics of a ground squirrel with aspirations of being a flying squirrel. To solve that problem I moved the feeder closer to the house, under the roof overhang. And without a convenient launching point problem solved.

Or so I thought.


I thought wrong.

Yesterday, while getting dressed in the morning, I watched as an Eastern Ground Squirrel landed on the window screen and then launched itself onto the feeder.


I'm not sure it was the critter's intention to empty the feeder, but empty it it did.

In the lower right corner of the image above, you can see the bottom of an American Holly. The squirrel must be climbing up and using this as the starting point.

So now I've moved the feeder farther out, hoping it is too far for both screen and roof launching points. We'll see.

No comments: