Monday, March 16, 2020

More Fun With Tools

Saturday morning I went outside and heard two Eastern Phoebe's calling. I spotted one checking out old nests on our shed. Phoebes had nested there our first four springs here, building nests on top of light fixtures. But they did not do so last year.

I had some wood left over from the Bumble Box project so with a bit of prodding from Patty I built this:


A nesting platform. We have one on our garage, but it's not been used during our time here. One criteria for placement is that it be under an eave. A criteria for us was that I not put any new holes in the shed's siding. Fortunately the bracket was already there, along with eyebolts (that's a bungie cord across the top, it was hanging from one of those eyebolts). I used some velcro we had on the back and screwed the bottom to the bracket. It's been a whole day and it is still up.

No residents yet though.

I'm sure it is just a matter of time.

No comments: