Tuesday, December 4, 2018

The Crane! The Crane!

Actually, "The Cranes!" as there were seven of them.


Although only six can be seen in the above image. You can see them if you look very hard. Really, they're there. Don't forget to bigafy.


The text arrived just a few minutes before 1:00 PM. Sandhill Cranes, found by our friend Sandra and relayed by Patty, just six miles up the road. Literally just up the road, I turned right out of my driveway and drove six miles and there was Sandra with he birds in her scope.

Because of my company's use it or lose it PTO rule, I have every Monday in December off. Thus I was home. So I grabbed the big lens and a twitching I went.


And even with the 600mm lens they were still to far off to get any good shots. Just these few 'blog-worthy' images. But I saw them. Pretty cool. I much prefer not working.

No comments: