Thursday, September 9, 2021

It's Getting Worse

It was just a matter of time.


Labor Day weekend we had some friends come by and when I was doing some prep I found three, maybe four, dead Spotted Lanternflies on the steps outside the living room.


I instinctively stomped on them when I saw them, but they didn't move. And the third one was obviously dead. I have no idea what killed them.


There was just bits of apparently eaten insects. I found some other dead insects out there as well.


Today, I spotted some live ones on the Peanut Butter Tree. At least six. I had four confirmed kills today. And perhaps a couple more. Using my new fly swatter. I may have killed more, but they were swatted into the undergrowth.

But our yard is mostly trees. And we are surrounded by trees and farms. 

And as noted in this post, these things are swarming only twelve miles away. 

It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

No comments: