Thursday, September 23, 2021

Front Gardens

I noted the frog pond in the new front yard meadow project.

You can read about that here Meadow Project.

This is what the new Meadow looks like now:


Not exactly what I was going for.


From the seed mixes I used, only Black-eyed Susan has appeared. Disappointing for sure.


They are pretty though.


There were a few volunteer plants like this Cardinal Flower. 

But it appears to be mostly weeds. So I may do a complete reset this fall/winter. We'll see.

But the Japanese Stiltgrass is mostly gone. And that is a good thing.

Now, on the other side of the driveway ...


... is the Mini-Meadow.

Quite the study in contrasts.






We started the Mini-Meadow in 2015, so maybe we just need to wait. 

I don't want to wait. I WANT IT NOW!

Or at least next year. 

Fingers crossed.

No comments: