Thursday, September 30, 2021

The Enemy of My Enemy ...

... is a Spider.


As is my custom, after finishing my day at "work" I head out to the deck to enjoy a beverage as my daily commute to non-work. And that is when I noticed the above.

No, not the the siding needs to be pressure washed, although that is true.

No, it is the Spider ...


(Species undetermined.)

... And the Fly.


Species unfortunately known, a Southern Lanternfly. 


This was the view last evening.



And this morning the spider was feeding. And it was quite intent on its meal. Usually when I go out in the morning the spider scampers off behind the drainpipe. But not today. Although temps in the 40's F may have had something to do with that. 


And this is the Lanternfly once the spider had finished its meal. 

And next up ...


... a Brown Marmorated Stink Bug, another invasive insect. 

We need more spiders.

No comments: