Thursday, March 7, 2019

Luck Used Up?

So last night my Dad asked me if I could fix his glasses. The screw holding in one of the lenses had worked its way loose and fallen out.

Sure, I could do that.

Not.

I promptly lost the screw.

As it was too small for me to hold it in my fingers, I tried using the tweezers from my Swiss army knife. I was holding the screw and the tweezers and the glasses and and a screw driver and I was not successful. In fact, the screw popped out and shot across the desk. I looked all about the desk, which had a dark glass top. I looked on the carpet, also dark.

I was not able to find it.

Until this evening. And it was right in front of me all along.

See:


Right there above the 8 key. I don't know how I missed it.


Although, in my defense,  it is the size of an asterisk.

Even more impressive when you consider that as I was searching last night I lifted the computer off the desk, and plopped it on the bed (the desk is in my Dad's bedroom). And then I moved the computer back. And all day I've been plugging in phones and speakers and hard drives. Pushing the computer around.

And then I noticed it tonight.

🔩 👓   🔩  ðŸ‘“  ðŸ”©

This time I was a bit more careful. I put down some paper towels, white, so if I dropped it I could see it. I placed the computer strategically, so as to catch any errant screws.

And I was successful in fixing the glasses.

☘️  ☘️  ☘️

This is how I use my good luck?

No comments: