Monday, March 4, 2019

Harlequin

The reason one goes to Barnegat Lighthouse State Park in February, and why Patty and I were there and saw the fire, was to see these:


Harlequin Ducks, like this dapper male seen here.


As February days go, it was a rather nice one.


Sunny, relatively warm, with little wind.


But we only saw this one male Harlequin. This was quite unusual.


February is prime time for ducks along the Jersey shore.


And Barnegat is a prime location for winter ducks.


I don't have a single image of a female Harlequin from this visit.


Nor an image of multiple Harlequins. Very strange.


Bye bye.

🦆  🦆  🦆  🦆  🦆

I took this picture of a Rehn in February 2011 at Barnegat. The first time Patty and I were there concurrently.


I have no idea what she was taking a picture of.

Or why she got in my way to take it.

We did see Harlequins, like this female:


No comments: