Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Weather Rock ...

I have a smart weather rock.

I received an alert on my phone that it was raining here. Of course, as I was sitting home at my desk I could easily see that it was raining. Even better, I had just come inside and had experienced the rain first hand.

This is a screenshot from my phone. Of a weather app that is hyper-local.


The section with the word "MODERATE" (why all caps?) indicates that it is raining out. Of course I already knew that. But this was the first time my new smart weather rock had told me about the rain.

Very cool.


The white thing on top of the post is my new smart weather rock. It is a Tempest weather station from a company called Weather Flow.

And that is why the weather app is hyperlocal, as it is getting data from my yard.

And I think that is cool.

Patty thinks it is nerdly, and wonders why I need a fancy smancy gadget to tell me what she can see by looking out the window.

Seems Patty is a luddite. You learn something new everyday.

☀️  πŸŒ€  πŸŒ¦  πŸŒ§  ⛈  πŸŒ¨  πŸ’¨  πŸŒ¬  πŸ’¦  ☔️  πŸŒͺ

Should you want to know the conditions here at Piney Place, and not be able to see them for yourself, you can just click this link: Piney Place Weather.

I know, cool right?

No comments: